Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Lustre: 1 TByte per group (/scratch/users/userid and /scratch/groups/groupid)
ssh gateway2.marcc.jhu.edu -l userid A two-factor authentication code is needed and a robust password
This research project (or part of this research project) was conducted using computational resources (and/or scientific computing services) at the Maryland Advanced Research Computing Center (MARCC).”
Please feel free to edit it and/or include more details.
The Deans of the schools will make decisions on how to allocate resources.
sbalance. It will give information about utilization by all members of the group.
interact -usage"for options.
Users who need to run jobs immediately may be able to find out if resources are available. Use the command:
A/I/O/T = Allocated/Idle/Out/Total
DTNs are a set of dedicated nodes for file transfer. These servers are GlobusConnect end point and should be used to transfer large amounts of data.
ssh dtn2.marcc.jhu.edu(with your username and passwd)
scp largefile.ext userid@your-destination
Note that the speed is limited by the connectivity at your destination
- From your machine to MARCC:
scp largefile.ext firstname.lastname@example.org:~/
- Use the Globus connect end point
- Request a GlobusConnect account
- Login into your globus connect account
- Select the end points (MARCC)
- Authenticate to your end points
- Select the file(s) to transfer
- Start the file transfer
ssh dtn2.marcc.jhu.edu(with your username, TFA and passwd)
- module load aspera
ascp-marccis an alias to “ascp -T -l8G -i /cm/shared/apps/aspera-cli/22.214.171.1244/etc/asperaweb_id_dsa.openssh”
- -T do not encrypt, -l8G 8000MB bandwidth. You can change this parameters but use the ascp command
- To download a file from ncbi:
ascp-marcc email@example.com:gene/DATA /scratch/users/userid"
- Download Filezilla (Web search)
- Install Filezilla
- Launch Filezilla. Your local machine files and folders should be visible on the left side
- Click on the top left “icon” or click File-> Site Manager. A new window pops up
- Click on New site and name it “MARCC”
- Click on “General”
- Host: gateway2.marcc.jhu.edu Port 22 (Type)
- Protocol: SFTP – SSH File Transfer Protocol (select)
- Logon Type: Interactive (select)
- User: Your MARCC userid (firstname.lastname@example.org) (Type)
- Password: Leave blank (recommended)
- Click on “Transfer Settings”
- Select Limit number of simultaneous connections and set it to “1”
- Click on “Connect”
- You should be connected. MARCC files and Folders should be visible on the right side
- Click and Drag files/folders
That is it.