- Provide adequate infrastructure (space, power and cooling)
- Provide basic support for initial setup
- Conduct an audit of the equipment to be collocated. Start inventory
- Provide restricted physical and virtual access to the facility
- Provide detailed information on power consumption on a monthly basis.
- Provide equipment (hardware) with warranty or maintenance support for at least three years. Any equipment 5+ years old will need to be replaced or surplussed.
- Pay for work that needs to be done to have equipment functioning. For example, power whips connections, any network fees, etc.
- If UPS reserve power is needed, PIs should provide it but it needs to be approved by MARCC.
- Professional administration is required. If professional administration is not available, MARCC may be able to provide it at a cost depending on the size of the system. Students performing system administration is not allowed.
- Implement security measures as needed (discuss with MARCC and IT networking/security).
- Provide and setup any firewalls (discuss with MARCC and IT networking/security).
- Racks should be metered to keep track of power and cooling consumed.
- Arrange with the IT network group for IP addresses and domains.
- Provide serial numbers to MARCC to be added to the inventory list.
- Pay for utilities (power and cooling) used by the equipment located at the data center. Schools will be billed on a monthly basis.
Please contact us directly for co-location requests.